Saturday, March 16, 2013

Easiest Peanut Butter Fudge

So at the beginning of this year I decided I was finally going to lose that 10ish pounds I've been wanting to get ride of forever (12 to be exact). So in order to do that I've drastically changed what I eat - since as much as I would love to be able to crank out a workout every night, that just isn't realistic at this point (school, work, kids, trying to sell the house, etc). One way I've changed is that I'm eating way more fruits than I use to. Almost every morning I make a fruit smoothie and I'm totally digging them. Also for snacks I've been sticking to apples or veggie straws. Already lost over 4 pounds, less than 8 to go!

So last weekend for dinner at my aunts house (I usually provide dessert) I decided I wanted to make something with peanut butter. Why? Because I've noticed I have an absurd amount in my house and I have to start using it up. So I went to allrecipes and searched for a recipe that I had all the ingredients in the house for so I wouldn't have to run out. I decided on the Easiest Peanut Butter Fudge recipe. It was incredibly easy to make and ending up tasting fantastic. I had lots of left overs and got to take some to work for all the ladies to enjoy. I did change the recipe slightly from reading some of the comments, so I changed: down to 2 cups (instead of 2.25) of brown sugar, up to 1 cup (from .75 cups) of peanut butter and down to 3 cups (instead of 3.5) cups of confectioners sugar. If you're looking for something easy & quick and delicious to make using peanut butter, this is your recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment