Thursday, March 7, 2013

Skinny Macaroni and Cheese Soup with Broccoli

Wow how time goes by fast! Just a few short weeks until VACATION! Can't wait! I'm so sick of winter and definitely need some sun on my skin! This weekend or next I'll have to go through all mine and the kids clothes to make sure we have enough stuff to wear!

So a few weeks ago I tried a new recipe that I found on pinterest - Skinny Macaroni and Cheese Soup with Broccoli! I followed the directions pretty closely but I didn't measure some of the stuff exactly. I also didn't use a large carrot, I used several baby carrots - since that is what I had in the house. I also didn't add the onion since I'm not a big fan of it. I have to say, that I loved it! The kids seem to enjoy it too since they ate a bunch of it (though Connor tried to eat around the broccoli, lol). This is something I will definitely consider making again in the future. It took a little longer than I usually have time to spend on making dinner but it was worth it. The recipe made enough for Connor & Savannah to have a small bowl each, Scott & I to have 2 bowls each, and I had enough leftovers for 2 lunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment